Monday, March 9, 2009

One Month

One month ago today Addilyn and Ella greeted the world with loud cries. They are doing so well and each day Matthew and I count our blessings for healthy, happy babies. Addilyn Kate is now 6lbs. 2.5oz. and measures 19 inches long. Ella Grace is 5lbs. 15oz. and measures 18 inches long. They are beginning to fit into newborn size clothes. Of course they are still a little big and made for babies a bit wider than Addi and Ella!

Matthew and I are finally figuring things out, with thanks to my mom. We had a rough couple of weeks with the girls at night. They weren't wanting to sleep and we were running on empty being up with them so much. We've started keeping them awake during the day at least an hour after feedings before letting them go back to sleep. Our nights have been much smoother. The girls still wake up every three hours to eat, but now we usually have one stretch in the night that they go four hours before needing to eat again. It's wonderful!

I am feeling much better about recent decisions I've made. I feel more like a human again. I see the doctor on Thursday for another blood pressure check. I'm hoping for good news and that I will no longer have to take blood pressure medication.

Matthew and I exhausted the girls today with a photo session. Enjoy their one month old pictures!






No comments: