Sunday, March 29, 2009

Date Night!

Saturday was the first day I've been on my own with both babies since we brought them home from the hospital. Since I was snowed in, my mom couldn't come over to help, and I definitely wasn't taking my chances on the road with two small infants. It was all me from the time Matthew went to work until he got home. A good 12 hours, just me and them, and briefly the Dish Network guy who came to repair a cable (but he didn't look like he was into babies, and probably wouldn't have been any help!)

After being snowed in with the blizzard, my fantastic hubby suggested we call up my parents and kindly ask them if they would watch the girls for a bit while we enjoyed some time together and went to dinner. My parents graciously agreed (or should I say jumped at the opportunity) and Matthew and I enjoyed dinner at Cheddar's tonight. It was nice to have a little bit of a break from the babies. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly, but everyone needs some grown up time! We are so wild these days that we ran a couple or errands afterwards to Target, Wal-Mart and Lowe's. I know! We better slow down a little and stop living on the edge!

Anyhow, I got mom to take a couple of pictures when we picked the girls up. Enjoy!





No comments: