Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blah! Snow...?

Tonight Amarillo is under a blizzard warning. Seriously, a BLIZZARD! The weatherman is forecasting 6-12 inches of snow tonight. Winds are supposed to be 35-40 mph tomorrow with gusts up to 50 mph. All that wind is said to cause snow drifts 10-20 feet!

Amarillo ISD has already cancelled school for tomorrow. This act in itself needs to go down in history! AISD NEVER cancels school. When I say NEVER, I really mean that. Last year we had an ice storm come though town. Ice was so bad that you couldn't even get your car doors open and had to be almost a half inch thick. You can imagine what the roads were like, yet AISD didn't call off school. Where's the logic in that decision?

I HATE, HATE, HATE snow with a passion. It's too cold and too wet! Bravery pending, and at the risk of getting cold toes, IF this storm hits like it's predicted to hit, I'll pop myself outside long enough to take pictures. We haven't had that much snow since it snowed in May a few years ago.

Matthew and I live in the country on a dirt road. We might be snowed in since the nearest main road to our house isn't travelled much and is one of the last roads to be plowed. Neither of us drive a four wheel drive vehicle. Speaking of snow plows, driving home from my parents tonight I did notice that plows were already taking up residence in the local movie theater parking lot in preparation of this arctic blast. I'm really hoping the weatherman was smoking a doobie and slightly delusional when he said the word BLIZZARD. I guess a few hours will tell. Until then...

No comments: