Friday, March 27, 2009

Leapin' Blizzards!

Apparently the weatherman wasn't delusional. I'm not sure how much snow is on the ground, but this morning when we fed the girls at 10 o'clock, I peeked outside. I could see the trees in our yard, but nothing past that. The snow was blowing pretty bad, so hard in fact, you couldn't tell if it was snowing or just blowing.

Roads are closed all over the panhandle. As a matter of fact, we couldn't leave if we wanted to. FM 2219, the main road that leads out to our house, is closed. Matthew got a snow day from work too! I was not brave enough to venture out to take pictures. Matthew bundled up and headed out to take a look at how bad the conditions really are so I asked him to take pictures. I was able to keep my tootsies nice and warm in my slippers!

Gone are the days that this much snow excited me. I'm not sure how Matthew feels about it, but I think it holds more excitement for him than it does me. He was up late last night anticipating the wintry blast. I don't think he came to bed until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning. I am thankful that I have a few years to prepare myself for snowman, snow fort, snow tunnel and snowball making with the girls.

I loved playing in the snow as a little girl. Maybe with our girls I'll gain some of my childish ignorance back! I don't think I'll ever LOVE the snow again, but maybe I can learn to tolerate it every now and again for the sake of making memories with our little ones. Thank goodness we live in a crazy weather environment and it doesn't snow often. Unfortunately, it seems to snow in the spring rather than winter. Yesterday's high was in the low 70s. Today it is in the low 20s.


Our front yard and new tree we planted four days ago.

My poor flowerbed that was just "waking up" with our warm spring weather.

The neighbor's house, barely visible across the road.


My crazy husband, brave enough to venture out in this yucky weather.


No comments: