Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby x 2 = Update

Today I had my third prenatal checkup. I am 17 weeks and 5 days along (almost 4 ½ months). Matthew had to work so I took my mom along for my visit since I knew the doctor was going to do a sonogram.

The babies are so much bigger now that he can no longer get their entire body in the picture. They both look great and very healthy. Their spines are straight. We even saw their ribs and diaphragm. It was amazing to see how much more developed they are in three short weeks.

Both babies have a strong heartbeat. I got to hear this for the first time today. It was fast and loud! I am so thankful that they are growing and developing as they should.

I go in for my Level 2 sonogram on Tuesday, October 14. This sonogram will go over all the health aspects of the babies. We will know then for sure what we are having. In the meantime, the doctor looked between legs today and didn’t see any little pickles. He is 80% sure that both babies are girls.

Right after I found out I was pregnant I had a dream that I was pregnant with twins and that they were both girls. Maybe my intuition was right after all. Kinda freaky to think about!

Anyhow, my cervix is holding up, but the babies are putting pressure on it. The doctor has decreased my workout activity to a quarter of a mile. He said that is like walking once around the block. He said I can no longer bend and lift anything. I’ve gained three pounds. He sees me again in three weeks.

He also told me ideally it would be best in November if I only worked part time. Not sure what’s going to happen yet, but it looks like I could end up on bed rest a lot sooner than expected. I’m going to talk to my principal and see if my mom can volunteer in my room and do my walking back and forth to the office for me. That might prolong my chance to stay working longer.

The main thing is keeping these babies in as long as possible. I’ll do whatever it takes to give them the best chance and start to life in the outside world.

1 comment:

Irisa said...

Awwww!! YEAAA FOR GIRLS! :)

You guys are in my prayers and I wish you the best! Keep us updated and keep yourself safe and healthy girl! I can't imagine what your body is/will be going through! Crazy Crazy! But those little angels will be worth it!

All the best! <3