Monday, September 8, 2008

Second Prenatal Visit Update

Today I saw my doctor for my second visit. He did another sonogram, but didn't share pictures with me. Everything looks good. The babies look healthy and on track with their growth. We should find out the sex of the babies in three weeks on my next visit. It's going to be a long three weeks! The suspense is killing us, not to mention my mother who has been sewing up a storm.


The babies gave me a laugh as the doctor and I watched them through the sonogram. They are already your typical siblings. I wondered when the fighting would begin between the two and found my worst fears confirmed today. Fighting starts in the womb! Baby A, the one on my right side, was kicking baby B. Baby B in return, punched Baby A back! It was comical to watch, but even more amazing to see that life inside of you move so freely. Since the babies are in two separate sacks it's not even possible for them to touch each other.


I am 14 weeks and 4 days. I officially entered my second trimester 4 days ago. Matthew took a picture of my growing belly at 13 weeks, so I will post that picture since I have no sonogram pictures to post! I will keep everyone updated on how things are going!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Aww Kelly you look so beautiful!

I am glad things are going well for you and the babies and I laughed as I read how they are already fighting inside.

I hope you are adjusting to first grade...my class is a tough one this year and they are wearing me out - not sure if its because I am pregnant or they are a handful...probably both!
Love ya!