Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby Names and Cribs, Oh My!

For those of you that have never named a baby, it's a lot harder than it looks! If you think it's hard coming up with a first and middle name for one baby, try two names for two babies! This increases your names when you don't yet know the sex of the babies to eight names!

When we found out I was pregnant, we began looking at names almost immediately. We started a list and realized that agreeing on a name was going to be difficult pretty quickly. We even purchased a baby naming book that claimed it had over 50,000 names. (It was overrated. Unless you're into really weird names!) The list of boys and girls names got placed aside and we slept on it...a lot!

Once in a while over the last four months I would look at the list of names and cross some off. They no longer sounded as appealing for whatever reason. That's okay though, it was narrowing our list of 40+ names down a bit. I think the job of naming our babies was especially difficult for me because I've taught school for 5 years. You can't help but think of some little hellion from they past! Unfortunately, lots of names go down the crapper when you're a teacher!

Saturday night we finally decided to get serious and lock in some names. Surprisingly enough, we narrowed down boys names quickly. Girls names on the other hand took some time. We were patient with each other, even when my husband decided to spout of every decidedly ethnic-sounding name and my quick retort was NO! With that being said here are the names we picked for our little ones...

Carter Grant (first choice for a boy if we have a boy and a girl)
Daniel Ellis
Addilyn Kate (first choice for a girl if we have a boy and a girl)
Ella Grace

Oh, and in other news, I was informed that cribs take 16-20 weeks to get in. Matthew and I ordered one of our cribs this weekend from JCPenney. It is back ordered until October 25. I assume it will ship after that. We can hope anyway. We will order the other crib next month. If we do have a girl, it's definitely going to be a girly piece of furniture! In the meantime, if the second crib isn't in on time, the babies will be small enough that they can share until it does come in. Now, we just need to paint and install the new floors in the nurseries!

1 comment:

Irisa said...

Hmmm...I like Addilyn...that is different. It's a little like Aladin...but not. Haha...Ella is a sweet name too. I've always been big on older names...like Gwen, Ophelia, Isabella or Elizabeth...but that's just me! Maybe I should have a baby! Hahaha...someday! ;-)

So is it official??? Addilyn and Ella?