Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bug Guts!

The last couple of days have been spent driving down the road trying to find a clean place on my windshield to see out. My windshield was loaded with smeared bug guts and no washer fluid under the hood to clean them off with! Unfortunately, driving past the local feed yard on my way home every day lends itself to bug suicide on your windshield and grill. I'm not kidding when I say I bet on a calm day I can kill a hundred or more bugs in the two minutes it takes to drive past the stink yard. (I've never thought about this until now, but apparently bugs like poop, or they can't smell!)

So today as I was leaving work, I noticed that I didn't really need to put the sun shade in my car this morning. I seriously had enough guts to block out all UVA/UVB rays. I also noticed that my car is flat out the filthiest int he parking lot! I decide to take it through the car wash. I pull into Quick Quack and get my car all aligned in the the runners that pull you through. Three guys surround my car and start the process of debugging. One of these guys in particular made me laugh so hard. He stared at the windshield and grill of my blazer with monumental disgust. If I could have read his mind, he would have been thinking something like..."Geez, when is the last time this girl washed her car? Does she drive around looking for bugs to murder?" He was appalled and it was written all over his face.

It took these guys three tries with the bug juice (the stuff that's supposed to take the bugs off your windshield when they are dried and baked on) and three go overs with the scrub brush before they finally hit the switch to let me continue on with the rest of my car cleansing process. I laughed the whole way through the car wash!

No comments: