Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our Furry Felines

Ahh, the joys of cats! I'm not being biased when I say that we have very smart and sneaky cats. Matthew and I both suffer from allergies, but he is especially allergic to our kitties. To help keep cat hair off the beds we put the kitties in the utility room at night with the dogs. (Not to mention they are HUGE bed hogs!) Needless to say, Chloe and Grace are less than thrilled to be trapped in a small room with the dogs, They are less than thrilled about the dogs period!

It didn't take our girls long to catch on to my bedtime routine. I get my school stuff all together and put it on the table, iron clothes for the next day, put on pajamas and finish getting ready for bed. In the short time this take me, the cats disappear. They know I am about to let the dogs inside and put them in their kennels for the night. They know they are next! The search begins! At first I could pull out the catnip and my little stoners would come running out from their hiding places. Now, not a chance. They are wedged under a bed somewhere and you practically have to force yourself under the bed and pry them out. This is getting much harder to do with my growing belly.

I've wised up to their tactics. Before I even begin my bedtime routine, I shut all the bedroom doors. The girls are usually in the living room with me in the evenings. Chloe, our little black and white fur ball, made me laugh so hard one night as she tried to find a new hiding place in the living room. She flattened out her tubby body (don't ask me how) and scooted under the track on the treadmill. We probably wouldn't have seen her if she had remembered to pull her tail under as well! Tonight Grace attempted to to the same thing!

Grace has been needy lately. She follows me around from room to room like a dog and talks to me. This is her way of telling me she needs loves. She won't stop until I stop what I'm doing and pick her up. If I don't love on her long enough, the process of chasing me around the house will start all over again. Chloe is Chloe. She perches on the coffee table and stares at you while you watch TV. About the only time she doesn't stare is if you get a fuzzy blanket to cover up with, or bring something home from school that needs to be cut out. The blanket means she wants to lay on you and school stuff means she wants to lay on it! She will walk slowly around the cushions on the sofa and wait for you to tell her no. She's silly!




No comments: