Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Doctor Visit

I saw my OB on Monday for all of my postpartum "stuff". Yes, I realize it was almost nine weeks later! Trust me, he tried to get all of that "stuff" out of the way a few weeks ago, but didn't clue me in ahead of time. Needless to say I didn't shave my legs the day of the appointment so we rescheduled for later on (I wasn't letting him see the forest that had taken up residence on MY legs!). I probably hadn't shaved my legs in a week or more. Who has time? I have two little girls to take care of!

Anyhow, I finally made it in on Monday. My blood pressure was rechecked. It was 140/84 on Monday. The doctor was glad that it was coming down...FINALLY...and told me to only take my blood pressure medicine once a day and return next week and have my BP checked again.

Wednesday I noticed that I was feeling a little dizzy, but dismissed it. Thursday I still felt dizzy. Thursday night I got a horrible headache and started having vision problems and got really dizzy. This morning I called the office and told them how I was feeling. They told me to come in this afternoon and have my BP rechecked. It checked out at 125/83. My doctor couldn't explain why I was feeling the way I did. Apparently your BP has to be super low (100/50) to feel dizzy and light headed. I don't have to take the medication anymore, but I do have to go back next week to see that it is staying down. I'm so glad to be off the meds! Who knew that it would take almost 10 weeks after the girls arrived for my blood pressure to go down to a safe number. It still has a ways to go. My BP pre-pregnancy was 120/70.

No comments: