Monday, April 20, 2009

10 Weeks

Addilyn and Ella are 10 weeks old today. Addilyn now weighs 9 lbs. 1.5 oz. Ella is 8 lbs. 8 oz. They are definitely starting to feel heavier.

Everyday their little personalities elude to the little girls they are going to become. Ella is a mess. She's a cute mess though. She won't smile at me. It's like she thinks she has to play it cool and can't be caught smiling at something silly. It might ruin her image! Ella will stick her tongue out at me and make the "O" face. I think she's going to be stubborn just like her mommy. Ella makes me laugh. Did I mention that she burps like a grown man? (Also a trait she got from mommy!) Addilyn is smiling up a storm. She also "talks" to me in her baby language. It melts my heart every time she smiles. I can't wait until Ella finally starts!

The girls are starting to sleep longer at night. We are usually getting 4-5 hours between feedings at night. Nighttime feedings are the hardest. Usually it's only one baby that's awake and ready to eat. This forces me to wake the other up so we can getting feedings out of the way and not be up with the other baby in an hour. I am so thankful my hubby gets up with me to help me feed the girls. I'll be glad when they can start having some cereal in their bottles to help keep their tummy full. Hopefully then they will start sleeping through the night.

Work is looming right around the corner for me. I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I have to go back on May 6. I am looking forward to resuming a full paycheck though. This month's check was dismal to say the least. The substitute that was originally hired to teach my class while I was on maternity leave was fired two weeks ago. I am so glad. He was not cut out to teach my class and a lot of my parents were lodging complaints in the office about him. I met my new sub about 5 days after she started in my classroom. She seems to be restoring order. I am so thankful and this makes me dread going back to work a lot less.

Matthew plans to keep the girls in the mornings until he goes to work at 1:00. He will drop the girls off at my mom's on his way to work. It is going to be a crazy two and a half weeks trying to get ready for work and feed babies in the morning. I'm probably going to have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to get myself ready and then feed and jet off to work. I only hope it passes quickly. I'm ready for summer!

No comments: