Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So Much to Blog About...

...yet so little time. I suppose it doesn't help when blogger is down and you can't log in. Oh well.

First off, I snapped a couple of pictures of my irises before the rain made them droop. They are the first flowers to bloom in my garden. I love spring!


Secondly, Addilyn and Ella are 12 weeks old. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Addilyn now weighs 10 pounds and is 21 inches long. Ella is also 21 inches long and weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces. They are cooing and smiling more and more everyday. Ella has also learned to roll onto her side. They are sweet girls. We are truly blessed.







We had a lazy day yesterday. Well, I guess I shouldn't say lazy because it was a very busy day. I just didn't get the girls out of their pajamas to take pictures. Whoops! Matthew had a trial run feeding the two of them at the same time while I ran to Wal-Mart. I hope he can manage in the mornings. I'm so sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow. At least it's only 16.5 days.

Izzy Jo got to hang out in the house for a little bit yesterday. Normally she is an indoor dog, but she really needs a bath. We just haven't had time to give her one. It's on my "to do" list. Izzy is funny with the babies. She doesn't know what to think of them. She would smell them and walk in circles around the sofa and love seat. Then to the back door to ring her bells to let us know that she really wanted back out with Jack.

Poor Jack needs a bath too. We did manage to get his hair shaved. That poor dog was losing his winter coat and was just a mess. His hair is so thick and 4-5 inches long. Bless his heart, he looks moth eaten now, but has got to feel cooler with the warmer weather. Jack hasn't earned our trust in the house yet, and with two new babies, I don't have the time to watch him like a hawk. He refuses to ring the bells on the back door when he needs outside.

Jack is just a year old and VERY destructive. I'm thinking about registering online for the "Desperate Landscapes" on DIY Network. Jack has destroyed our backyard. It looks like a gopher lives back there. Not to mention he is a pro at tearing off the fence pickets. Ugh, and don't get me started on the pool cover that is no longer in existence. All in all, he's a very sweet dog and has a very gentle disposition. You can't help but love the little guy. Well, he's not little. He weighs 50 pounds now. He got much bigger than we expected.


Izzy Jo
Jack

1 comment:

CL said...

Izzy certainly is grinning in that photo and Jack has grown a bunch, too. The girls are precious. I can imagine how hard it will be to leave them and go back to work. But like you said it not that long. Hang in there.