Sunday, May 10, 2009

Many "Firsts"

We have had a busy weekend with many things happening. Here are some of the things that have happened:

Ella - Ella started rolling on her side a couple of weeks ago. Friday night I was in the nursery checking on Addilyn since I heard her fussing. It was somewhere around 3 a.m. Ella was sleeping on her side for the first time.

Addilyn - Addilyn has learned to blow bubbles with her mouth. It's funny to watch, but also a little messy as she hasn't learned to swallow her own spit!

Addilyn & Ella - Addilyn and Ella both had their first taste of rice cereal. Our pediatrician told us we would start them on cereal at four months. We decided to start a little early since I had to return to work. They are still eating every three hours during the day which really makes it hard to get things done. They won't eat more than 4 oz. per feeding without spitting up the ounce of formula their tummy can't hold if we feed them 5 oz. Their little tummys just aren't read for more food. Plus, we are hoping this will help them feel full longer at night so we can put them to bed earlier so I can get more sleep and be halfway competent at work!

So far, they are going great on the cereal. We are only giving them a teaspoon in their formula until they get used to the texture and flavor change. Friday night they slept from 1:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. Last night they slept from 1:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. Tonight we are going to have them in bed by 10:30 p.m. and hope that they sleep until 6:00 a.m. Last week when I went back to work, we started their last feeding at 11:00 p.m. and had them in bed by midnight. They did good, but I'm needing more sleep.

Last night we took the girls with us to our friend Aaron and Des' house for their son, Jude's, second birthday. They were such good babies. Everyone wanted to hold them. That's the good thing about twins, no one has to wait long to hold a baby since there is more to pass around.

Mother's Day - Today we celebrated my first Mother's Day. It was a great day, just not long enough. Matthew and the girls gave me some very thoughtful cards and a Cricut Expressions cutting machine! I've been wanting one since I saw the infomercial a year ago! I've taken up scrapbooking, and I think this is going to be a scrapbooker's dream! We also went to Johnny Carino's with my parents to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom.

I feel very blessed to be a mommy. I love my girls more and more every day. I never knew I could love anything or anyone so much until they came along. (Sorry, honey! Don't worry, I love you, too!) Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day, Matthew. You're the best hubby!


No comments: