Saturday, January 24, 2009

34 Week Update

It was a busy week for me. My doctor appointments are now weekly as well as non-stress tests at the hospital. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and we learned that Baby B has finally decided to turn around and is now in the head-down position. It seems as if both babies are getting ready for their debut. It is still to be determined if I will have a so-called "natural" birth (hate the "v" word) or if my doctor will schedule a c-section. He said it's possible that Baby B could turn back around.


I did ask how long he would allow me to carry the girls as I am getting uncomfortable and seriously don't feel as if my body could expand another inch. I was told that he really thinks they will come between 36-38 weeks. If they haven't come by 38 weeks he will induce me at 39 weeks. I haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions. The contractions that I am having are what the doctor called "false" contractions. I didn't ask him to elaborate.


I am scheduled for another growth sonogram on Tuesday. I hope we will get to see Baby B's face this time. She's been camera shy the last several sonograms. I return to the doctor on Wednesday and have my NST scheduled for Thursday. My weeks are getting very busy now. Oh, all of that and I'm supposed to meet the man that is going to sub my class while I am on maternity leave. Did I mention that I am still teaching full time?


Matthew took a picture of me on Thursday morning at 34 weeks. Thank goodness it was before I came down with the raging case of pink eye that plagues me now. Darn germy kids at school. I'll update again next week.



No comments: