Saturday, January 17, 2009

33 Week Update

Thursday I went to BSA for my scheduled NST (non-stress test) to monitor the babies. I felt like an octopus by the time she got everything strapped to me! I had two fetal heart rate monitors as well as a contraction monitor strapped to my tummy. These tests can last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour. I think I was hooked up about 30-40 minutes.

Both babies looked great! Their hearts are strong and they respond to activity and periods of rest like they are supposed to. After about 15-20 minutes of monitoring me, the nurse came back to check on me and informed me that I was having lots of contractions. Who knew! I certainly didn't. I was expecting them to feel like menstrual cramps, like the doctor said they would. Instead I didn't feel anything. My tummy always feels hard too, so that isn't a good indication either.

Anyhow, the nurse gave me a cup of water and unhooked me and sent me to the bathroom. After the bathroom and drinking the water, the contractions calmed down. She called my doctor to relay the results of the test to him and he seemed okay with everything. I see him on Wednesday. I am already scheduled for a weekly NST over the next two weeks. This weeks test is pending. The doctor may think I'm okay to wait until the following week, but that won't be determined until I see him on Wednesday. These tests are standard procedure with twin pregnancies. Matthew and I pre-register with Labor and Delivery on Monday. It's unreal how quickly time has passed and that soon we will get to meet our little girls!

No comments: