Tuesday, November 25, 2008

26-Week Sonogram

Yesterday, just shy of 26-weeks, I had a sonogram to check the growth of the babies. I don't know how there could be any doubt that they weren't growing as my tummy looks as if I swallowed a basketball! All is well in the baby world.

Baby A (left) weights about 1 pound 11 ounces and Baby B (right) weights about 1 pound 12 ounces. Baby A has a heart rate of 141 bpm and Baby B has a heart rate of 148 bpm.

The night before my sonogram, it literally felt as if a rock concert was going on inside my stomach. Both babies were especially wiggly and kicking up a storm. I actually had to get out of bed and delay sleeping for about an hour.

At the sonogram, we discovered that Baby A was no longer in the head down position. Instead, she had migrated over to Baby B's side. They were head to head on my right side with their legs stretched horizontally across my stomach. I told Matthew that it looked as if they were already plotting against us! I do have to admit. I'm ready for Baby A to go back to her own side. It's very uncomfortable having two heads pushing against my ribs.

The girls are moving a lot these days. They are big enough that you can see them move through my skin and my shirt. My kids at school are amazed by this and sometimes we will sit and watch my belly dance around! It's pretty funny. I can only imagine what they must go home and tell their parents!

I see my doctor again after the Thanksgiving holiday on December 2. The following week I will enter my third and final trimester. I can't believe how quickly this time has gone by. I must say that I feel very blessed that my pregnancy has gone so well. I am so thankful that I haven't had any complications. I'm sure my last trimester will be the toughest part of this pregnancy, but all in all I have nothing to complain about.

No comments: