Tuesday, November 11, 2008

24 Week Update

Well, almost 24 weeks...23 weeks and 5 days to be exact. Doctor visit went well today. He is very happy with how my pregnancy is progressing. My blood pressure is 120/70. I've gained 12 pounds which is neither too much or too little. He is very happy with all of my measurements. My cervix is staying strong which allows me to go another three weeks until I have to see the doctor again.

The doctor did another sonogram of the girls. Everything is still looking good with them. Baby A (left side) is head down. He got some good pictures of her today that I will post. Baby B (right side) is head up, but was looking down towards Baby A, so no good facial picture of her today. They are starting to get their baby fat and look like babies now instead of scary aliens! I go in for another in-depth sonogram on November 24. This sonogram is to make sure that both babies are growing at the same rate.

I see the doctor again on December 2. This might be the last time I get to stretch my visits to three weeks. He said he wants to starts watching me more closely in the coming weeks. Apparently carrying twins makes women start having contractions around the 30-32 weeks. He wants to make sure I don't go into premature labor. I have a feeling I better get my running around out of my system before I'm no longer allowed to leave the house.

The babies move a lot now. We can actually see them move through my skin. Matthew got to feel a hard little bottom for the first time last weekend. I think it freaked him out a little! His reaction was priceless! Baby B seems to somersault a lot. The doctor did say that eventually they will run out of room to have much movement other than kicking, stretching, and moving side to side. Their heartbeats can also be heard through my stomach without a stethoscope!

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress with the babies and nursery and anything else that might pop up along the way!



1 comment:

Irisa said...

I'll keep ya'll in my prayers! My friend in Austin just recently had to be put on bedrest...and she is going stir crazy because she isn't due for another 6-8 weeks! I can't imagine how it will be for YOU with TWO little ones as the days draw near. But it sounds like all is going well...so I hope it continues! Keep us all posted!

As I told my friend...now that she's on bedrest...she has no excuse not to blog! Hahahaha...