Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Sea of Pink!

Today I had my 20 week sonogram, even though I’m 19 weeks and 5 days. Wow! Really, I have more to say than that, but it’s unbelievable! First of all, we found out that we are definitely, 100% having GIRLS! (The proof is in my pictures!)

Matthew got to hear the heartbeat of both babies for the first time today. Baby A (left side) has a heart rate of 140 bpm. Baby B (right side) has a heart rate of 152 bpm. Both babies have all four chambers of their heart.

We also got to check out their brains, which look good, stomachs, bladders, kidneys, and diaphragms. The technician measured each one and estimates them to both weigh 10 ounces. Everything looked good. I see the doctor again next Tuesday. He is receiving a copy of my sonogram and will probably go over it in more depth then.

Both babies were exceptionally wiggly. The technician had a hard time getting Baby A to turn over and smile for the camera, but at last she finally gave in! I have been feeling them move in my tummy for the last couple of weeks. It’s the weirdest sensation. When I eat, they get really squirmy!

Oh, and in other interesting news, we have to wait until they are born to find out if they are identical or not! Ha! Yeah, that chance has not been ruled out.








No comments: