Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tiny Dancers...

It’s been a minute since I’ve had the opportunity to update everyone. I saw the doctor on the 21st. He informed me that the results of my 20-week sonogram were good. Everything looks great with both babies and they are growing as they should. This was fantastic news to hear. I am also doing great carrying both babies. The doctor no longer talked about me going part-time in November. I see him again on November 11.

Back-tracking to the 18th, Matthew and I were spending a quiet evening at home watching the University of Texas football stomp Missouri. Well, it might not have been a quiet evening. I tend to get a little rowdy over UT football. Anyhow, Matthew got to feel the baby on my right kick for the first time. Both girls were all kinds of wiggles in my tummy that night. I told Matthew it must be that our girls are also going to be UT fans! He didn’t think this was funny. He’s too much of a Texas Tech fan…I guess we’re going to have to work on converting him! Hehe! Really, how many sets of batting eyelashes can he resist?!?!

Matthew moved the furniture out of the nursery, and we got rid of a bed and recliner to make room for the babies and their new furniture. My parents painted the nursery last weekend. Matthew and my dad will install the new floor and chair rail next week. I can’t wait to get the furniture in there and get the room decorated! It is definitely going to be a little girls’ room. I am going to put my crafting skills to work this weekend and work on making cute letters that spell their names to hang on the walls. I’ve been looking forward to adding my personal touch to things since I wasn’t allowed to paint the nursery.

My tiny dancers are more active by the day. Sometimes one of them lets out such a big kick it startles me and makes me jump! That’s a little embarrassing when you’re in a meeting and then everyone stares at you! Getting used to the babies movement has definitely taken some getting use to. At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. It was weird and unlike anything I could even compare it to. Now, I welcome the kicks and jabs, and if they haven’t moved in a while I worry that everything is okay.

I’ve noticed my energy level draining by the week. Some days I believe I must have a guardian angel that guides me home as it is a wonder I don’t fall asleep at the wheel. I miss having energy to go all the time and I really miss working out. I look forward to when I can return to the gym.

Baby Shower planning has been in full force. Invitations went in the mail last week. My shower will be on November 15. Registering was the biggest task ever. I don’t think I’ve ever been so tired after walking through a store and mind boggled. It’s like a whole new baby world out there! Yikes! Matthew and I have much to learn. We are going to take a Saturday birthing class at the beginning of December. I’m sure this will either answer a million questions we aren’t quite ready to face, or scare the crap out of both of us! Either way, it will be interesting!

I’m posting a picture of me at 22 weeks, 0 days. Matthew actually took it this morning.




1 comment:

Irisa said...

What a beautiful belly! Sounds like things are going well! And I must say...I cannot believe the Texas Tech/UT game! Haha...I guess Matthew was happy! Ah well...I suppose Tech DID play better. ;-)