Sunday, April 11, 2010

House Hunting

Three years ago, I started this journey on my own. And then I met Matthew. I knew from the beginning that our relationship was different. I put "house hunting" on hold. After a whirlwind courtship, marriage, and birth of two babies, here I am again.

Matthew and I decided it was time to buy a place of our own over spring break. We went through the pre-approval process at the bank shortly after, and I began looking at houses after work. We had decided it would be best for me to "pre-screen" houses. If they had potential, then Matthew would take his lunch break at work and look at the houses I deemed worthy.

I looked at 14 houses on my own. Matthew saw 3 with me. Number 14 was the lucky place. It was the third house I'd looked at that day, and although I liked it, I left my realtor and went to pick up my girls. My realtor called me shortly after and told me that there was other interest in the house. I in turn called Matthew and soon afterwards, we were walking through the front door of that house less than two hours later.

What was supposed to be "looking" at the house turned into writing up an offer at 10:00 p.m. I'm not sure how I slept that night. Maybe because I didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. and couldn't go to sleep until 1:00 a.m. The next day at work was so long anticipating a call for my realtor. Finally it came, and our offer was accepted!

Matthew and I had to go in and initial 19 more pages of paperwork. Our new place was inspected on Saturday, and things went pretty well. Now we are just waiting on the test the plumbing company runs on the pipes and sewer, and we will be closing on our new home by May 17th. I can't speak for Matthew, but I am so excited! I think he is too!

I am posting some pictures. No one has lived in the house since at least November, so it needs a little love, but we will make it great with time!



3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the new lovely house! I am excited for you and your family : )

Amber said...

Congrats on the new house! It looks really nice. I'd like a new house but I don't want to mess with moving!

Irisa said...

Beautiful home!! Sounds like things are coming along wonderfully with you guys! :)