Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quickie Update...


Addilyn and Ella went in for their 12-month checkup on Friday. My poor little girls both got three shots in their legs. Ahh, the noise, NoIsE, NOISE! That was most unpleasant, but mostly for them. I imagine just about everyone in the office heard them holler! Their pediatrician has finally realized they are going to be petite! Addi is 29 inches long (average) and weighs 17 pounds 11.5 ounces. Ella is 28.5 inches long (also average) and weighs 17 pounds 6.5 ounces. They are both still able to wear some of their nine month size clothes and some 12 month sizes although they gap a bit in the waist.

They are healthy and happy and still good sleepers! We really like that. Addilyn's top tooth on the left has finally popped through the skin and her right top tooth is getting close to breaking through as well. Ella is still sporting just her two front bottom teeth.

Neither of them are out right walking, but both are cruising along furniture. It's a matter of time! Thank goodness I'm running! More on that later.) Today Addi stood on her on without me holding on to her and maintained her balance for a good 15-20 seconds. Ella decided she wanted to walk and took off pushing her lion at my parents and walked down their hallway holding on to it. I can't believe how much they have grown since we brought them home from the hospital a year ago. I will blog later this week and post pictures of their first birthday party.

About my 5K training...I have surprised myself. When I began this 5 weeks ago, I could hardly run 1/4 of a mile without feeling like I was going to die! Now I can run 2.5 miles without walking and I have finished week 6 of the C25K training program. I have also started strength training with Jilllian Michaels' 30-Day Shred DVD. I already have plans to train for an 8K when I finish this program. I plan to actually run my first 5K in April. I have come to enjoy running more than I thought I would. It's a great way for me to lose tension and stress and clear my mind. Matthew told me last night that he could see me training for a full marathon someday. Who knows...maybe!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I read yours too. :) I'm bad about leaving comments but love to get them. Your girls are adorable. I can't believe they are already one! Blaze will be 2 in April. :( It's sad how fast they grow. I can't believe you have time to workout. Blaze doesn't go to be until we do...with us...in our bed! He's a brat! Thanks for the comment! :)