Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's Been About a Year...

...since I've had to battle a snake around the house. Well, Matthew and I woke up with one IN our house this morning. I was in the kitchen getting bottles ready for Addi and Ella and Matt was in the nursery changing diapers. In no way was I awake and had somehow managed to slip flip flops on my feet as I rolled outta bed this morning. Thank goodness for something on my feet! As I was walking back into the living room for the kitchen, I noticed the cats out of the corner of my eye and saw Chloe jump. I thought this was weird, so I walked around the table to see both of our cats staring at something on the floor.

At first I thought: "oh great! who yacked on the floor?" But then I got a better look and saw that it was a snake and that it was ALIVE! I said to Matthew: "Can you put the baby down and come in here please?" I can't believe I was so calm. He walked into the living room and asked what was going on. I said: "There's a snake in the house." I thought my hubby was going to lose it right then. I don't think he's a big fan of snakes! I grabbed the broom while Matt put on his shoes and found the shovel in the garage. I got behind the snake and swept it onto the shovel and wached my freaked out hubby run through the kitchen, utility, garage and all the way down our long driveway with that snake. I tried not to giggle, but it was pretty funny! He tossed it in the road!


No comments: