Friday, February 6, 2009

36 Week Update

I made it to week 36 in my pregnancy without any MAJOR problems or complications. It was a very busy week with doctor appointments. Here's the scoop...

Monday I had a non-stress test (NST) at the hospital to monitor the girls heart rates. They looked beautiful. The test also recorded any contractions I was having, and let me tell you I was having a lot. The nurse called my doctor to tell him what was going on and he advised her to check me. I was 60% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and Baby A's head was at a -2 station. The nurse called my doctor back with her findings and he told her he wanted to see me first thing the next morning and that I was not to go to work.

Tuesday morning I see my doctor and find that my blood pressure is up a bit, 140/80. My doctor rechecks me and agrees with with the nurse about my progress. I discuss working with my doctor and let him know I've finally reached my point of exhaustion. He said I could do whatever I wanted about work and if I didn't want to go back, he'd furnish the note. As I was checking out his nurse tells me there is a change of plans. A slight trace of protein was detected in my urine and I am not allowed to go back to work.

Thursday I return to the doctor to have my urine and blood pressure rechecked. My blood pressure is now 160/80. I was reexamined by the doctor and told that I am dilated to 1.5 cm. He sent me to the lab to have some bloodwork to check for pregnancy induced hypertension. He calls me at 5:30 to let me know that my lab work looks good. When I left his office earlier, he had me scheduled for another NST on Saturday morning and to be induced Monday morning. Pending my lab results he was going to induce me Friday.

As things stand, I go in for the NST on Saturday and arrive at the hospital by 7:00 a.m. Monday to start the inducing process unless I go into labor over the weekend on my own. I can't believe in just a few short days we will finally get to meet Addilyn and Ella!


36 Weeks, 0 Days

February 5, 2009

No comments: